The Lake Mission Viejo Junior Lifeguard program is ideal for active children 8 16 years of age. In this eight week summer course, kids will learn basic lifeguarding skills, first aid, and beach awareness. The skills taught throughout the summer are essential for developing a strong foundation in water safety. This fun filled and exciting program is a great way to develop lifelong friendships and build confidence.
Dont miss out! Program runs from June 24 to August 15, 2013.
In 2013, new and returning Junior Lifeguards will complete their registration online once they have completed the Tryouts. Please check back soon for more details on registering online.
Please note: Uniform Pickups will be held the first day of the program.
Registration is currently available online.
DO NOT REGISTER YOUR CHILD UNTIL HE/SHE HAS PASSED A TRYOUT SWIM.
The link to register your child for 2013 Lake Mission Viejo Junior Lifeguards can be found at: www.lmvjuniorguards.com
At Tryouts, Please bring your:
- Swim Cap, swim goggles and towel
- Must have a parent/guardian present for the Tryout
- Lake ID card for resident verification
- If a guest, please be sure to have a resident sponsor you with their Lake ID
All uniform orders will take place during our Online Registration. If you are unsure of your child's sizes uniforms will be available at our tryouts for uniform try-ons. Please have your child wear an undergarment for uniform try-on purposes. Uniform Pickups will be held the first day of the program.
Registration Fees include:
Registration Fees does not include costs for items such as:
- Any additional shorts or shirts, sweatshirts, backpacks, visors, and rash guards.(All of which will be available to purchase separately at Tryouts or Online.)
- Running shoes, swim cap, swim goggles, or a girl's swimsuit. (Girl's swimsuits should be a Sport-style Navy Blue One Piece or Two Piece with thick straps)
- If this is your first year participating in our program you will also be required to purchase a backpack for $20. Past participants can use previous year's backpacks.
SWIM TEST DATES
All Junior Guards will be required to complete a swim test on one of the dates! Start practicing now!
ONE LAST TRYOUT!!
Monday, May 13th 4-6:30pm @ North Beach Lake Mission Viejo
This will be the last make-up date to enter the program. No further dates will be available.
|2013 DATES AND FEES
Guests (non-members) will be charged an additional 20%
C Group (ages 8-11)
8- week session June 25 - August 15
(T-Th) 9am-12pm $300 / Guest fee $360
A/B Group (ages 11-15)
8-week session June 24 - August 14
(M-W-F) 9am-12pm $350 / Guest fee $420
Elite Group (ages 14-16)
8-week session June 24- August 15
(M-T-W-Th-F) 9am-12pm $300 / Guest fee $360
SWIM TEST REQUIREMENTS
C Group (ages 8-11)
100 yard swim within 3:00 minutes
5 minute treading water
Group A/B (Ages 11-15)
100 yard swim within 2:05 minutes
5 minutes treading water
Elite: Ages 14-16
100 yard swim within 1:45 minutes
10 minute treading water
Passing the tryout requirements does not guarantee a spot in the JG Elite.
Download the Elite Program Information or the Elite Application below for further Information.