LMVA Boat Inspection Program
Due to the increased risk of invasive aquatic organisms spreading in Southern California (specifically the Quagga & Zebra mussels) and the dramatic damage they could cause to LMV's ecology, LMVA has refined its boat usage program in order to prevent contamination of the Lake.
All boats that use LMV must adhere to guidelines as follows:
1) Inspection by Lake personnel before launching to ensure:
- Clean & dry bilge areas and live wells.
- Clean and smooth boat hulls.
- Clean and dry boat trailers.
- Current LMVA registration.
- Sufficient quarantine time
2) All boats entering the LMVA facilities without a tamper-proof tag must be quarantined for 30 days before launching. This yellow numbered tag wires the boat to the trailer to ensure that it has not been launched since the date of tagging.
3) Boats leaving the Lake are tagged with a green numbered tag in a similar fashion and provided the tag and wire are in tact, the boat may be launched without quarantine. (Remember that to avoid any doubt, always see to it that even the green tagged boats are clean & dry before lauch.)
Cooperation with LMVA's boat inspection program by all boating members is essential to protecting Lake Mission Viejo.
Download this page as PDF (50k)
Return to the Main Page
Return to Rules and Regulations Main Page